How do our Social Work Services work?
What is In-Home Social Work Services?
“We Find The Best Fit For Your Family”Watch Video
- With Legacy Home Care Social Work Services, you’ll have access to a collection of valuable resources.
- Social workers are available on an as-needed basis.
- The social workers at Legacy Home Care are Master’s Level social workers with years of experience and knowledge of the healthcare system.
- Social workers can also help plan for future transitions such as moving to a new setting.
Join Our Team
We are always looking to grow our talented team of nurses, therapists, home health aides, and office staff who are passionate about providing quality health care to our clients wherever they call home. As a team member, you’ll enjoy competitive wages, supportive leadership, and opportunities for growth within our family of services.Find A Job Opportunity
What are Social Work Services?
Social workers are essentially experts at connecting individuals with needed resources. They are licensed professionals who can employ their services in a variety of ways in many different settings. The field of social work is vast, with specialties ranging from helping communities meet their needs to working with individuals on care plans. Among the various types of home care services, social work services are among the highest in demand. After an unexpected illness or injury, many people turn to social workers to help them connect to the right services to help them get back on their feet.
Understanding Our Social Work Services
Legacy Home Care’s social work services are designed to help aging adults better navigate the ins and outs of senior care. Aging is a process that brings new challenges every step of the way. Social workers help seniors find the resources they need for better living and provide them with assistance so they can continue to live well at home.
Our social workers are specially trained to work with the aging population of Minnesota. This is different from other types of social work specialties that may not be quite as familiar with senior care and senior healthcare. The social workers with Legacy Home Care play an important role in our clients’ care team. They will also work directly with the rest of the client’s care team to ensure that clients’ needs are being met.
Social workers at Legacy Home Care can assist clients and family members with the following:
- Help with transportation, housing, and long-term care options
- Coordinate meal delivery and other services
- Find a variety of resources to make clients’ lives easier
Benefits of Social Work Services
There are many key benefits of hiring social work services through Legacy Home Care. Just some of these include:
- All of our social workers are experienced professionals who are more than capable of working with clients in senior care
- We offer same day consultations
- Flexible scheduling based on clients’ availability
- Social workers help clients develop personalized care plans
- Fast response time
- We can work with insurance and/or Medicare
- Clients can be sure they will be receiving adequate support
- Greater access to community resources
When is the Right time to Seek Out Social Work Services?
Many clients and their families find that social workers are especially important after clients are discharged from medical centers or short-term care facilities. Clients may have short or long hospital stints following surgeries or other medical events. It is crucial that they have proper follow-up care plans in place for when they leave these facilities to ensure a successful recovery. The following offer several situations in which it may be appropriate to work with a social worker:
- Collaborative care– Social workers will work with clients, their families, and healthcare providers to establish a comprehensive assessment of their needs. They will then develop a personalized care plan that includes arranging for counseling, transportation, caregiving services, meal assistance, and more.
- Compassionate guidance– Social workers understand the stress of recovery after a traumatic event, such as an illness, accident, or surgeries. They are there to not only provide clients with the logistical resources they need to get back on their feet, but also with the emotional support that can be instrumental in a client’s overall wellbeing.
- Client advocate– Social workers serve as the client’s advocate and help communicate their specific needs to healthcare providers. They also keep the clients informed about all circumstances that may impact their care.
Why Choose Legacy Home Care for Social Work Services?
Here at Legacy Home Care, we believe in empowering patients to remain as independent as possible while improving the quality of their lives. With this in mind, our team of professionals take a personalized approach towards helping patients and their families best meet their needs. In addition to our social work services, Legacy Home Care also offers a host of other personal care services including medication management, live-in caregiving, home therapy, companion services, and more.
If you have any questions about our social work services in Minneapolis and St. Paul, please do not hesitate to contact us today.
The Simple Steps To Start Services
Simply call us at 763-593-1000 or complete our online form – whichever is easiest for you!
Our experienced liaisons will meet with you & your loved ones to explore the best service options.
Our skilled nurses will complete an assessment to ensure all your needs will be met.
Just like that, your services begin, often immediately after the nurse assessment.