How do our Companion Services work?
What are In-Home Companion Services?
“We Find The Best Fit For Your Family”Watch Video
- Companion Services are often referred to as “hands-off” services and can help with tasks like meal prep, socialization, and light housekeeping.
- Having companionship is crucial to maintain a high quality of life as people age.
- Legacy companionship services are provided by experienced home health aides that can assist in case of emergency.
- Companion services are available for as little as 3 hours and can be flexible to meet your schedule needs.
Join Our Team
We are always looking to grow our talented team of nurses, therapists, home health aides, and office staff who are passionate about providing quality health care to our clients wherever they call home. As a team member, you’ll enjoy competitive wages, supportive leadership, and opportunities for growth within our family of services.Find A Job Opportunity
What are Companion Services?
In-home companions and companion services for seniors provide clients with non-medical assistance, sometimes referred to as “hands-off”. Companions come into the home of aging adults and/or people with disabilities to help them perform a variety of services that make their lives easier. Having help with these tasks and duties allow seniors to remain safe at home. Companion services may be different based on each client’s wants and needs. Legacy Home Care has a staff of companion caregivers who are trained to help seniors in a multitude of ways.
Understanding Companion Services
Companion services are designated to address daily chores and routine tasks, while providing opportunity for socialization and connection. Unlike home health aide services or home therapy services like speech therapy, physical therapy, or occupational therapy, companion services for seniors are non-medical and are more lifestyle-based. Companions can help with services including:
- Using the Telephone
- Light Housekeeping
- Meal Preparation and Clean-up
- Pet Care
- Socialization and emotional wellbeing (this may include hobbies, crafts, keeping up with current events and the news, and more)
The last point (socialization) addresses a key aspect of senior care that is important for helping clients maintain a higher quality of life. Socialization and providing emotional support are crucial to the general wellbeing of adults as they age. From encouraging seniors to participate in hobbies they once enjoyed to helping them stay up to date on current events, companions can be a pivotal part of their clients’ ability to stay engaged and take a more participative role in their lives. This can be beneficial for not only the short term, but also for giving client a more positive outlook on life.
Benefits of Hiring a Companion for Seniors
There are many benefits that hiring Legacy Home Care for companion services can have for you or an aging loved one. Some of the benefits of senior companionship include:
- Personalized care 7 days per week
- Fast response time
- Flexible scheduling
- Services allow the individual to stay safe at home while having companionship
- Make life more manageable for the individual and their family
- Prevent isolation and loneliness
- Reduce the burden of everyday tasks
When is the Right Time to Hire a Companion for Your Aging Loved Ones?
There are many instances where hiring a companion would be beneficial to aging adults. People who do not have many family members or friends nearby who are able to assist them with daily tasks and household chores are often perfect candidates for companion services. Companion services are geared towards aging adults whose primary concern is non-medical, but who would still benefit from having additional care in their presence, whether inside the home or to accompany them on routine trips. Some additional circumstances in which it may be helpful to hire companion services to improve the wellbeing of an older loved one may include the following:
- The individual would like help with daily household chores
- The individual is at risk of isolation due to them living alone, has started to self-isolate, or has a lack of companions
- The individual has reduced mobility and requires transportation to medical appointments, grocery stores, and other places
Why Choose Legacy Home Care for Companion Services?
Legacy Home Care is experienced in providing quality, reliable, and trustworthy companion services for seniors in 21 Minnesota counties. We want our clients to remain as independent as possible in the comfort of their own homes as we address their unique personal and healthcare needs. Every staff member on our team is a compassionate and dedicated healthcare professional with a commitment and devotion to our clients’ wellbeing. In addition to companion services, Legacy Home Care also offers additional personal care services including nurse care management, medication management, live-in caregivers, home therapy, and more.
If you have any questions about our Home Health Aide services in Minneapolis and St. Paul, please do not hesitate to contact us today.
The Simple Steps To Start Services
Simply call us at 763-593-1000 or complete our online form – whichever is easiest for you!
Our experienced liasons will meet with you & your loved ones to explore the best service options.
Our skilled nurses will complete an assessment to ensure all your needs will be met.
Just like that, your services begin, often immediately after the nurse assessment.