How do our Home Safety Supervision Services work?
What is Home Safety Supervision?
“We Find The Best Fit For Your Family”Watch Video
- Home safety supervision is an included benefit in all Legacy Home Care packages.
- Having a healthcare professional monitor health & wellbeing can help catch early signs of illness and declines in condition.
- Maintaining a safe living environment can help aging adults remain living independently at home.
- Home safety supervision can bring peace of mind to loved ones and family members.
Join Our Team
We are always looking to grow our talented team of nurses, therapists, home health aides, and office staff who are passionate about providing quality health care to our clients wherever they call home. As a team member, you’ll enjoy competitive wages, supportive leadership, and opportunities for growth within our family of services.Find A Job Opportunity
What is Home Safety Supervision?
As people age, they often need additional assistance for everyday tasks. What used to be easy is now a challenge; still, it can be difficult to ask for help or admit that you cannot do it all on your own.
While some resort to moving into nursing homes or assisted living facilities, others are more than capable of remaining in their homes; with a little a bit of help.
That is where home safety supervision comes in.
Home Safety Supervision from Legacy Home Care allows seniors to remain in the comfort of their own homes with an added level of protection. This provides both clients and family members with invaluable peace of mind, knowing that their loved ones are taken care of while maintaining their quality of life.
Understanding Home Safety Supervision Services
Safety supervision is just one benefit of having an in-home caregiver. As the caregiver carries out other duties specific to the client’s needs, such as meal preparation and bathroom assistance, they can also be constantly monitoring the client’s wellbeing.
Legacy Home Care understands the importance of seniors maintaining their independence. Our staff of highly qualified clinicians and caregivers is there to monitor clients without restricting them or becoming overbearing.
Home safety supervision is provided by every Legacy Home Care team member that enters your home and is designed to offer you and your loved one an added layer of security and peace of mind.
Benefits of Hiring Home Safety Supervision Services
There are many benefits of hiring in-home caregivers to provide safety supervision services for an older loved one. Some of these include:
- Peace of Mind: Knowing that your loved one has an extra set of eyes on them as they go about their days provides a level of comfort that simply cannot be beat.
- In Case of Emergencies: While the seniors who utilize home safety supervision may be more than capable of taking care of themselves, there is always a chance that an unexpected emergency could occur. All of our caregivers are able to assist in times of emergencies. They are trained to handle a host of situations including falls, slips, confusion, and more.
- Communication with Care Team: Home health aides can also help watch for sudden changes in behavior and health. Catching early signs of stroke, for example, can drastically increase the chances of an individual having a good recovery. Our caregivers are trained to communicate any changes they note in their clients to their supervising nurse immediately.
- Redirection & Reassurance: For individuals diagnosed with Alzheimer’s disease, dementia, or a condition that causes cognitive changes, home health aides can offer support during times of confusion or memory lapse.
- Help with the Household: Our caregivers can help with other duties while simultaneously providing in home safety monitoring for older adults.
Additional Duties of an In-Home Caregiver
Home safety supervisors and home health aide services from Legacy Home Care may include the following:
- Bathing and grooming
- Bathroom assistance
- Meal preparation
- Feeding assistance (includes feeding tube assistance)
- Mobility and transfers
- Medication management (reminders and administration)
- Household safety supervision
- Out of home supervision
- Catheter care and catheter administration
- Accompaniment to appointments
When is the Right Time to Hire Home Safety Supervision Services?
It can be difficult to know when the right time is to hire additional help for older family members. While aging adults may be capable of handling most tasks, they may not always remember or feel motivated to do them. Additionally, several other factors such as depression and dementia may come into play, leaving clients feeling lonely and isolated. It may be time to consider hiring a home safety supervisor if you or a loved one are experiencing the following:
- Diagnosis of Alzheimer’s disease, dementia, or other condition that affect cognition
- General forgetfulness
- Lack of strength
- Lack of motivation
- Forgetting to take medication
- Forgetting to eat meals
- Frequent tripping over objects
- Forgetting to clean up after meals
- Difficulty getting up and down stairs within the home
- Lack of focus during driving
Why Choose Legacy Home Care for Home Safety Supervision Services?
Legacy Home Care offers in-home services, including home safety supervision, for the aging population in 21 Minnesota counties. We employ professional, high-level staff, all of whom are more than qualified to work in any home environment, private residences, assisted living, and other communities. Our therapists are licensed and have plenty of experience to help maintain strength and assist with ongoing or chronic conditions. In addition to our home safety supervision services, we also provide a multitude of other home care services for aging adults, including physical therapy, 24hr medical assistance, live-in caregivers, medication management, nurse care management, social work services, and more.
If you have any questions about our Home Safety Supervision Services near Minneapolis and St. Paul, please do not hesitate to contact us today.
The Simple Steps To Start Services
Simply call us at 763-593-1000 or complete our online form – whichever is easiest for you!
Our experienced liasons will meet with you & your loved ones to explore the best service options.
Our skilled nurses will complete an assessment to ensure all your needs will be met.
Just like that, your services begin, often immediately after the nurse assessment.