How do our Hourly Home Health Aide Services work?
What are Home Health Aide Services?
“We Find The Best Fit For Your Family”Watch Video
- Our home health aides are available on an hourly, live-in, and overnight basis
- Hourly home health aides are available for shifts as little as 3 hours up to 24 hours per day
- Our home health aides are specially trained and most are Certified Nursing Assistants (CNAs)
- An in-home caregiver’s duties are customized to meet your individual needs.
Join Our Team
We are always looking to grow our talented team of nurses, therapists, home health aides, and office staff who are passionate about providing quality health care to our clients wherever they call home. As a team member, you’ll enjoy competitive wages, supportive leadership, and opportunities for growth within our family of services.Find A Job Opportunity
What is a Home Health Aide?
A home health aide is a trained professional that provides in-home care with routine tasks and assists in cases of emergency. All Legacy home health aides have been vetted and cleared prior to being hired by our team. They undergo background checks and extensive job training to ensure that they are a proper fit for the job. Home health aides must exude compassion, understanding, and genuine care for their clients. They must also understand the intricacies of senior care and are trained to work with individuals with specialized situations, including those with Alzheimer’s disease, dementia, or other conditions, or in tandem with hospice care.
Understanding Home Health Aide Services
Our home health aide services are here to address the daily challenges seniors face as they age. Because Legacy’s home health aides are trained professionals, they are more than well-equipped to handle any situation aging individuals present them with. This could include helping with simple, seemingly routine tasks like bathing and dressing, and extend to more involved caretaking for advanced conditions like dementia and Alzheimer’s disease. Whether in a private residence or in an assisted living facility, home health aides will be there to help you or your loved one feel safer and more comfortable at home.
Just some of the duties of a home health aide from Legacy Home Care include help with:
- Bathing & Grooming
- Bathroom Assistance
- Meal Preparation and Assistance
- Mobility & Transfers
- Medication Reminders & Administration
- Safety Supervision
- Catheter Care
- Feeding Tube Assistance
- Accompaniment to Medical Appointments
Benefits of Hiring a Home Health Aide
There are many benefits of hiring a home health aide to provide additional assistance for your or an aging loved one in your life. Just some of the benefits of senior caretakers include:
- Daily Tasks: What may seem like routine, daily tasks to some could become increasingly challenging for seniors as they age. Home health aides are there to help in various ways including bathing, dressing, medication reminders, meal preparation, shopping, mobility and transfers, bathroom assistance, and more.
- Help in the Home: Clients who wish to remain in the comfort of their own homes as they age may need the extra care of home health aides to ensure that all household tasks (light housekeeping, laundry, cleaning, etc.) get taken care of.
- Peace of Mind: Knowing that an aging individual is being taken care of by a trained and qualified professional can provide instrumental peace of mind for both the client themselves and their family members.
- Necessary Companionship: It is important that seniors continue to interact and socialize with others as they age. Home health aides are not only there to provide support in the home but are also present to provide much-needed companionship throughout the day.
- In Case of Emergencies: Although the seniors who hire home health aides with Legacy may be mostly independent, there is always a chance of accidents that could turn into emergencies. Home health aides will be there to ensure that clients are taken care of in the event of slips, falls, accidents, and other situations.
When is the Right Time to Hire Home Health Aide Services?
It can be difficult to know when the right time is to hire additional help for older family members. While aging adults may be capable of handling most tasks, certain life events or circumstances might merit seeking additional assistance. Depression, dementia, Alzheimer’s disease, forgetfulness, injuries, or even planned surgeries could limit clients’ abilities to take care of themselves in the ways they once did. Hiring a home health aide could be just what they need to keep them as independent as possible and allow them to remain in their own homes as they rehabilitate or progress in their advanced stages of life. Other situations might be signs that it is time to hire a home health aide for you or your aging loved one. These may include:
- Noticing that household tasks are not being completed
- Forgetting to take medication
- Forgetting to eat meals
- Inability to properly bathe/dress
- Difficulty using the bathroom
- Trouble with transportation
- Forgetting information from medical appointments
Why Choose Legacy Home Care for Home Health Aide Services?
Legacy Home Care is the team you need for reliable, quality, and trustworthy home health aide services for you or an older loved one. All of our staff members undergo background checks and extensive vetting to ensure that they are the right fit for senior care. Our team is made up of professional, high-level staff that is committed to providing compassionate care to every client. Legacy services the aging population in 21 Minnesota counties with a variety of in-home services. In addition to home health aide services, we also offer physical therapy for seniors, medication management, nurse care management, social work services, and more
If you have any questions about our Home Health Aide services in Minneapolis and St. Paul, please do not hesitate to contact us today.
The Simple Steps To Start Services
Simply call us at 763-593-1000 or complete our online form – whichever is easiest for you!
Our experienced liasons will meet with you & your loved ones to explore the best service options.
Our skilled nurses will complete an assessment to ensure all your needs will be met.
Just like that, your services begin, often immediately after the nurse assessment.