Live In Services
Live In Caregiver
Available throughout 21 MN counties
With a live in caregiver, you will have someone (typically a home health aide) onsite 24 hours per day. A live in caregiver resides with you or your loved one on a daily basis to take care of all your home care needs, including:
- Personal Care Services – such as bathing, dressing and mobility
- Companion Services – such as shopping, meal preparation and light housekeeping
- Home Safety Supervision – to reduce the risk of falls, accidents, and preventable injuries
- Peace of Mind – the client and the loved ones know there is someone around in case of an emergency
WHAT TO EXPECT WITH A LIVE IN CAREGIVER:
- One or more caregivers provide services throughout the day and typically stays 2-7 days.
- You provide our caregiver with a bed in a private space and 3 meals per day, typically the same food as what you eat.
- You allow our caregiver to take short breaks when they can read, relax and tend to personal business – as well as time to rest at night.
- If one of our caregivers does not have a vehicle to transport you, you may opt to have a caregiver drive your car to perform their duties. Proof of insurance and a signed release of liability are required.
OUR LIVE IN TEAM
Prior to being hired, our home health aides undergo rigorous background checks and extensive job training. They work closely with our Registered Nurses, who review services and supervise care being provided. Additionally, we provide our home health aides with the opportunity to attend specialized training sessions on topics including a variety of medical conditions such as Alzheimer’s & other dementias, hospice care, serving LGBT clients and more.
At Legacy Home Care, a live in caregiver is carefully screened, licensed, bonded and insured. We understand the importance of your being comfortable inviting members of our team to live with you in your home. Once your caregiver is selected and placed in your home, we continue to monitor the quality of care to ensure a successful match. Phone calls and home visits may be part of our ongoing efforts to ensure your satisfaction.